Some Answers to Questions about the Trip, April 2, 2008

Greetings, i've been asked if i was going to update the blog and now that i am settling into my life again here on the fringe of Denali i am ready to go.

A couple of general answers to questions:

My first meal when i got out was a ham and cheese sandwich. It's funny but i didn't crave any foods while i was away but during my last week i started thinking ham and cheese, ham and cheese, when i arrived home Christine must have read my mind cuz there it was. Later that night after the longest shower of my life (i had what you might describe as a very distinct, wilderness scent) i ate every last crumb of scrumptious fish and chips from 229 Parks Restaurant, amazing food and impeccable service.

Yes i lost weight, i started at 196.5 and came back 176.5. i've already put about 5 lbs back on because everything just seems to taste great and i'm not getting out all day long like i did when i was out, who knew.

Biggest moment? They were all big, i loved each day.

Happy to be home? Ecstatic, it is so good to be back with Christine and to see all my friends.

Happy to be at work? Working for the Denali Education Center is not a job it is an opportunity to educate and help people understand Denali. i work with wonderful people each day and see great potential for making more of a difference than ever before, so yes i am happy.

Would you do it again? Yes, but only if Christine were with me. i got married for a reason.

2 comments:

Andy said...

The one question that I've been waiting to ask until you've been back for a few days is this: after over two months of almost complete solitude, how has the transition been in dealing with lots of people on a daily basis?

Way to go--it's been great to watch you live out your dream.

Andy

eclecticmoth said...

Uhm... that's it? Or am I missing a more complete tale of the journey? And, how did the solar panaled chargers for the satelite phone and camera work out?

We need more details... Or at least I would like to read more. Of course I might just have missed the correct post.

Wren