Willie is on The Road!

Hi! This is Christine, Willie's wife, writing for him. The plan is for me to keep this blog going while he is out in the wilds of Toklat. He will call me via satellite phone to let me know what is happening out there. And I will share it on the blog. Photos will be intermittent. When the mushers (Carmen, Sarah & Krusty) return from Toklat, they will have some photos of their time traveling out with Willie. He will continue to document his journey and when-- (nothing is scheduled yet) another visitor or drop can happen-- I'll get more photos to share. In the meantime, PLEASE, bare with me. I am nervous about taking over his blog, but said I would. So, here we go.........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christine, I met you and Willie this summer, while up in AK visiting Jim Stratton, and we all thought this journey would make for an interesting item in a future issue of National Parks magazine. If you get a chance, remind Willie we're thinking of him, we wish him luck, and we'd love to talk to him about a Q&A or running some journal entries, when he gets back...

Scott Kirkwood, Editor
National Parks Magazine
National Parks Conservation Assn.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
You'll do a great job. I've been following along so far - this is quite an adventure for both of you.
Thinking of you both and best of luck!

Sue Gugliuzza

Anonymous said...

Hello Christine & Willie,

Thoreau said it best, "I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; new, universal, and more liberal laws will begin to establish themselves around and within him; or the old laws will be expanded, and interpreted in his favor in a more liberal sense, and he will live with the license of a higher order of beings."

Wishing you both all the best!

Love from Grafton, Wisconsin

willie said...

Christine here for Willie--
Thank you Scott for the well wishes. I already passed this on to him & he thanks you for following along & your interest. Sue, Thank you for your encouragement. I really appreciate it! And, Nephew #4-- Jeff, thank you for posting comments. It's fun to know who is following this. We are thinking of you & your family too. Cheers, christine