Loading the Sled Up- Day 1

This is Willie getting his gear into the sled. The plan for the day is for us to ski to The Savage Cabin 10 miles out. Willie will pull the sled behind him and wear his backpack. The rest of the gear is with the mushers who will leave the next day, Tuesday, January 22. The mushers will then catch-up with Willie & they will all travel together to the next location--which is Sanctuary (about 7 miles from Savage). They will be staying in Park Service Cabins all the way out to the Toklat. Thank you again Park Service!

A fun thing happened getting ready to hit the road. Our friend Todd Shorey surprised us by showing up. Since I had not told anyone about my decision to go with Willie. I told him of my plans to TRY to ski all the way to Savage with Willie & asked him to be "my person" if I never returned. Thank You Todd! ( I also left a note in our cabin & Jersey Jones did know too, but he's in Fairbanks) Thank you 2 Jerz!!!!

No comments: