DAY 1

January 21, 2008
35 degrees F
Day 1

The night of January 20, 2007 Willie had an idea. He said, "why don't you grab your -30 below bag & extra warm gear and TRY to ski with me all the way to Savage Cabin". The cabin is the destination of his 1st day. 10 miles out on The Park Road. I have never skied 10 miles at one time before...but, the Green Bay Packers had just lost in the Playoffs, and I wanted to cheer my man up. So, I said, "OKAY". With the intention of (maybe) not really going the whole 10 miles...


We had a late start the next day. We got to the Kennels at about 10:30am. We checked in with the mushers. (Carmen, Krusty & Sarah) Willie got road conditions & exact plans on how the next few days should go. We then went to the start of The Park Road to unload the gear & set the sled up.

No comments: